Thanks for stopping by!
Dealing with copycats is never fun. But it’s important to understand where the law supports you and to create an action plan before copycats strike. Here are a couple resources that will help you:
- Learn what copyright does and doesn’t protect
- Learn why copyright registration is critical if you want to enforce your copyright
- Learn 5 practical tools you can use to protect your content online
- Read a story from someone in our community about how she dealt with knockoff products
- Learn how to legally deal with copycats
the artist’s J.D. is a community adding the ease back in legalese for creative business owners.
Because the law is so vast, the idea of learning the legal ropes can easily result in overwhelm. And when you don’t know where to begin, you often don’t begin anywhere. Or you climb back into bed and binge watch 90s TV on Netflix (Or maybe that’s just me…)
But like it or not, understanding the legal ropes is critical to the success of your creative business. And no matter what stage you are at, the law applies.
Which is why when you join our community, you’ll get practical legal tips right in your inbox. And each legal tip will have a quick assignment, so you can take one small step. And bit by bit you’ll start acting. And slowly but surely, you’ll get your legal ducks in a row.
My aim is to be your friendly legal eagle. Which is why each week after I send out my Friday email to the thousands of creative business owners in our community, I sit at my computer for at least an hour and answer follow-up questions. Which makes these emails kinda like a virtual coffee date. And the emails I send out on Fridays are exclusive to our little dates, so you’ve got to be subscribed to get them.
Click the button below to join us:
Looking for information on giveaways?
Here are a couple of articles that expand on the idea of how to host a legit giveaway:
- The sweepstakes loophole: an alternative method of entry How to utilize a legal loophole (alternative method of entry) that will allow you to select a random winner while still requiring consideration.
- 5 steps to hosting a legit blog giveaway Bloggers commonly host giveaways. But do you know how to do a blog giveaway and stay on the right side of the law?
- An Official Rules cheat sheet for your next blog giveaway Do you know what needs to be included in your giveaway’s Official Rules? How to draft them so you can keep your next giveaway on the right side of the law.