No one starts a creative business to work with annoying clients
Discover how to start attracting clients that trust you and you’d call friends.
A master workshop designed to help you finally ditch the annoying, selfish clients.
On October 20th, join the artist’s Courtyard founder, Kiffanie Stahle, for a master workshop on how to create a contract that’s light on the legal jargon.
To get access to this Guide-level members-only event, start your membership. No commitment. Cancel anytime.
Do you dread opening your inbox?
You started your creative business to be your own boss, create what you wanted, and work with dream clients.
And over time, you’ve learned that building trust and strong relationships with your clients is critical to building a thriving creative business.
But managing clients has become your full-time gig.
There’s always outrageous demands, unrealistic expectations, and pulling teeth to get the things you need from them.
Inject ease into your client relationships
This virtual master workshop is all about how to you can create easier relationships with your clients.
Join the artist’s Courtyard Guide-level members and Kiffanie as we discuss:
- How to change your mindset around contracts so you can spend more time creating, not managing your clients
- Why boundaries are actually a kindness you give to your clients that increase trust, not a power play
- What you need to do to hand over your contract in a way that excites your clients, rather than sparking dread
- How your contract will actually help you attract your dream clients, rather than those that sap your energy
All sessions will be recorded and available as soon as the session is completed. The master workshop will be hosted via Crowdcast, which means you’ll have the opportunity to chat with other members, ask questions, and interact with Kiffanie.
- Building strong relationships, not managing clients. We will kick-off the day by talking about how setting boundaries and using a contract creates strong, healthy client relationships. So you can focus on doing the work, not managing your clients. | 10:00 AM – 10:20 AM Pacific | 1:00 PM – 1:20 PM Eastern
- Structuring your contract for maximum impact. At the end of this learning session, you’ll know what topics you should (and shouldn’t) include in your contract so you can avoid confusing your clients. | 10:20 AM – 11:00 AM Pacific | 1:20 PM – 2:00 PM Eastern
- Create and refine your contract topics. In this action-taking session, you’ll create an outline for your contract that you’ll use throughout the rest of the day to write your contract. | 11:00 AM – 11:20 AM Pacific | 2:00 PM – 2:20 PM Eastern
- How 1 sheet can make your life easier. At the end of this learning session, you’ll know how to create a cover page for your contract that distills all the information important to your client. | 11:20 AM – 12:00 PM Pacific | 2:20 PM – 3:00 PM Eastern
- Create your contract cover page. In this action-taking session, you’ll create your contract cover page. | 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Pacific | 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM Eastern
- Customizing the legal nitty-gritty. In this learning session, we’ll walk through standard contract language and discuss how you can use them to create your contract. | 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Pacific | 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Eastern
- Create your contract. In this action-taking session, you’ll create your contract using the standard contract language provided. | 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Pacific | 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM Eastern
- How to confidently hand over your contract. By the end of this learning session, you’ll have tools and resources you can use to present your newly created contract to your client. | 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM Pacific | 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM Eastern
- Next Steps and Q&A. We’ll wrap-up the day by talking creating an experience around your contract and answering any remaining questions! | 3:30 PM – 4:00 PM Pacific | 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM Eastern
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can’t attend the entire day?
The goal of the master workshop is to help you finally create a contract that you love. So I encourage you to block off the entire day to join us live. But if you miss any portion of the workshop, you’ll have access to a recording of each session.
What kind of contract will we be creating?
You’ll be creating a contract that you can use with your clients. So if you are a coach, consultant, freelancer, photographer, designer, or create custom artwork, then we’ll be creating the right kind of contract!
What situations won’t this contract work?
If you are a therapist, real estate professional, or in another industry that’s regulated, we won’t be diving into the nitty-gritty of the added legal requirements you might have. (That being said, the contract basics will be the same, but you will need to research any additional information you need to include in your contract!)
I don’t know legal jargon! Will I be able to do this?
Yes! I’ll be providing you with standard contract language. So you won’t have to know a drop of legalese to create your contract.
Where will the master workshop be held?
Wherever you are! We’ll be using Crowdcast to host the master workshop, so you can join us from your home, studio, office, or even on the go!
Will I have access to the content after the workshop ends?
Yes, you’ll have access to the materials for as long as you remain a member of the artist’s Courtyard.
Hi! I’m Kiff! I’m the founder of the artist’s J.D. and your friendly legal eagle.
I’m also a photographer, fellow creative business owner, and lawyer living in Oakland, California. The law fascinates me. That’s the reason I went to law school, started my own law practice, and love practicing law.
I’m also a contract nerd.
In fact, I’m that girl that goes in the corner and reads every contract. And then annoys people when I tell them that their contracts aren’t valid and provides suggestions for improving them.
I’m also a huge believer that contracts are one of the big reasons that my client, collaborator, and other relationships run smoothly. Because they clearly lay out what I expect from the relationship, what I can (and can’t deliver), and what I envision the process to look like.
And I know that contracts can change your client relationships because I’ve seen it happen time and time again with my law firm clients.
Start attracting clients that trust you and give you what you need.
Join the artist’s Courtyard community for a master workshop on October 20th and finally create a contract you love to hand over to your clients.
To get access to this Guide-level members-only event, start your $37/month membership. No commitment. Cancel anytime.
How to register
- In the form below, enter your payment information
- This payment form is a secure 256-bit encrypted form so your payment information is safe
- Once your payment is processed, you’ll be automatically re-directed to the artist’s Courtyard Welcome page.
- Within about 30 minutes, you should get an email welcoming you with links to all the important pages (e.g. login, your member profile, and the Legal Roadmap)
- However, subscription payments are non-refundable.
- You’ll be automatically billed using the payment method you select (PayPal or credit card processed via Stripe) each month
- I’ll never learn your credit card information, it will be stored with either PayPal or Stripe, depending on the payment method you select
Join the artist’s Courtyard…
Once you join you’ll be automatically billed once a month on the same day using the payment method you select. Cancelling can easily be done with one-click from your membership information page at any time.
Please note: subscription payments are non-refundable. Refunds won’t be given if you cancel your account prior to the end of your subscription period.
Enter your information below to secure your membership!