When I got my law school required book list, I remember rolling my eyes when I saw Black’s Law Dictionary on the list.
I’m a voracious reader, I don’t need a freakin’ dictionary.
And I didn’t buy it.
A few days later I headed to a coffee shop to do my reading for the first day of law school. I opened my textbook and about every fourth or fifth word was a word I didn’t know. I was frustrated in a matter of minutes.
Luckily, there was a used bookstore a block down and they had a copy of Black’s Law Dictionary. I bought it for $3.
The first few months of law school, that dictionary was my BFF. Over and over, I came across legal jargon I didn’t know and I had to look it up.
And slowly, but surely, I started to learn legalese. The words started to become second nature and I gained fluency.
That same beat-up, dog-eared dictionary still sits on my desk eleven years later.
Over the past eleven years, I’ve dedicated myself to understanding the law and how it impacts creative businesses like yours.
But before law school I was like you, overwhelmed, confused, and baffled by the law.
Which is why this summer, my goal is to help you discover if and when you need to care about specific legal topics.
Over the six sessions in the series, we’ll be discussing:
- building successful brand partnerships
- nuts and bolts of selling online
- building an email list
- cookies and website policies
- dealing with social media comments
- dealing with copycats
And to make sure you have the opportunity to get your questions answered, I’m limiting space in each session to 20 creative business owners.
I also don’t think you should have to break the bank for basic legal information, so I’m giving you two options on how you can join me:
- pick individual workshop sessions for $27/each
- get access to all six workshops by buying the All-Access Pass for $117 (you’ll also get access to our private online community, legal library, and course archive!)
Finally, I’ve tried to structure it so you have the ability to learn about those topics you care about–on your schedule, in the way that works for you.
After you sign up for the sessions(s) you want to attend:
- You’ll get an email chock-full of resources to help you learn the basics PLUS if and when this topic matters. (The email will include a video lesson, an audio-only version, a transcript, the slide deck, and a workbook.)
- About a week after you get the email, we’ll have a live Q&A session. So you can ask questions about what you learned.
I hope you’ll join me this summer to squash a little of your legal overwhelm and that you’ll leave with a firmer understanding of how these topics impact your business.