Do you know you need to become an LLC, but don’t have any idea where to start?
The first time you add creating an LLC to your to-do list it’s exciting.
And that week, you block off time to research and figure out what steps you need to take. But you quickly realize that the rules are different in every state. And when it comes to finding information specific to your state, you hit a roadblock.
So rather than getting frustrated, you open up Instagram and double-tap some pretty pictures.
And you repeat this process, week after week (or maybe month after month) until you just give up adding “Create an LLC” to your to-list.
What if instead, you had:
- peace of mind that you knew exactly what to do and how to do it
- access to links and information specific on how to create an LLC in your state
- clarity on what’s expected of an LLC
- a mentor to guide you through the process
Join Kiffanie for the artist’s Organizer: LLC edition and get an easy-to-follow plan plus all the tools and resources you need to create your LLC from the comfort of your home or studio.
Sign up to get notified the next time this workshop is offered.
I submitted my LLC application that weekend and now I’m an LLC!
I didn’t think an LLC was necessary since I’m just starting out and not making much money. But my husband was worried about protecting our personal finances. Kiffanie’s workshop was exactly what I needed. I got worksheets, information for my state, and an easy-to-follow plan. I submitted my LLC application that weekend and now I’m an LLC!
Hi! I’m Kiffanie Stahle, the founder of the artist’s J.D.
I’m also an attorney in California. So day in and day out, I’m in the trenches helping creative businesses grow. And over the past five years, I’ve helped hundreds of creative businesses become California LLCs.
Time and time again, I’ve seen these creative businesses transform. The mere process of creating an LLC changes their perception of their business. It propels them to seek out new business opportunities, foster new collaborations or launch new products or services.
But many creative businesses can’t afford to pass this task off to someone else. So they turn to one-size-fits-all form services like LegalZoom to create their LLC.
I think companies like this serve a valuable purpose. But their approach is the same if you are a restaurant, and property management company, a pest control company, or a creative business. They also don’t explain what the documents mean or how to keep your LLC legit.
This master workshop is designed specifically for creative business—to give you the knowledge to set things up, the confidence you did it right, and the skills to keep your LLC legit.
Join me to create your LLC in a master workshop called the artist’s Organizer: LLC edition.
During the master workshop you’ll create your LLC from start to finish all from the comfort of your home, office, or studio. And the schedule gives you plenty of time to ask questions and complete each of the steps.
In this master workshop we’ll cover:
Session 1: What LLCs are and where you’ll set it up
You’ll learn the benefits an LLC gives your business and how it protects you, your business, and your loved ones. Plus how to decide which state should be your LLC’s home state.
Session 2: Create your LLC in your home state
You’ll get the links to the exact form you’ll need to fill out in your LLC’s home state and know what information you’ll need to include to submit your form.
Session 3: Operating Agreements
You’ll tackle the one scary leglaese document associated with LLCs—the Operating Agreement. You’ll learn why it’s important what needs to be in it, and get a template you can use to create yours.
Session 4: The requiments to keep your LLC legit
We’ll cover what you’ll need to do to keep your LLC “to legit to quit” for years to come. And common pitfalls of LLCs that can eliminate your LLC status.
Session 5: Creating an “LLC legit” schedule
To make sure you keep your LLC status. I’ll share with you my schedule and you’ll create a schedule according to the rules of your state to keep your LLC on the up and up.
Session 6: What you’ll do after we wrap
To end the day, we’ll cover the exact checklist of items you’ll need to complete once your LLC status is official to get your LLC off on the right foot!
What if I’m not sure that I’m ready for an LLC?
We’ll start the day assuming that an LLC is right for your business.
If you are not sure if an LLC is right, you can:
- Watch this 7-minute video where I explain my secret to knowing when it’s time and grab a workbook that helps you evaluate when it’s time to make the switch
- Talk to your bookkeeper, accountant, or lawyer
Is the artist’s Organizer: LLC edition right for you?
- You’re a maker, designer, illustrator, photographer, artist, coach, or other creative business that is currently operating as a sole proprietorship or partnership
- You are ready to form your LLC
- You’re a self-starter
- You’re willing to dig in and do the work
How to know that the artist’s Organizer: LLC edition is NOT right for you?
- You are looking to bring on funding for your business through angel investors, venture capital, funds or even friends and family members that won’t be working in your business day in and day out
- Your business provides professional services that are commonly regulated (e.g. lawyer, accountant, architect, therapists)
- You’d rather hire someone to do it than do the work yourself (there’s nothing wrong with that!)
- Your creative business is not based in the United States
I knew I wanted to become an LLC, but I didn’t have any idea where to start or where to find information for my state. Kiffanie’s workshop gave me peace of mind on what I needed to do. I left with clarity on what expectations came along with becoming an LLC and where I needed to go from here.
Here’s how the artist’s Organizer: LLC edition will work
- You’ll tune in from your home, studio, or office to watch the sessions
- You won’t be on the streaming video or audio feed, so you can join us in your yoga clothes or not stress if your kids are running around in the background
- You’ll be able to communicate directly with me and everyone else participating via a chat window
- We’ll alternate between learning and implementation sessions
- In the learning sessions, you’ll learn what you need to know and you’ll ask questions
- In the implementation sessions, you’ll complete the tasks that I’ve outlined at the end of the learning session
- We’ll wrap the day with a final Q&A session to tie up any loose ends
I’m not going to sugar coat this, this is going to be one intense workshop.
But by the end of the artist’s Organizer: LLC edition you’ll:
- have this pesky to-do crossed off your list—finally
- no longer have to toss and turn at night worrying about if your business will affect your personal assets
- feel confident that if something happens, you and your family will be safe
- know what the government expects you to do, so you can keep your business legit
Let’s do this. Choose how you’ll cross this off your to-do list by registering below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I need to take a call or run an errand? The goal is to give your business a gift by finally creating an LLC. So I encourage you to block off the time to join us live. But if something does come up and you miss a portion, you’ll have access to a recording of the session.
- Will I have access to the materials after the workshop? Yes, you’ll have access to all the session recordings, the workbook, and templates via the artist’s Courtyard. And you’ll be able to re-watch or re-download them as needed.