No one starts a creative business because they enjoy legal red-tape
Discover how to streamline your legal to-do list without learning legal jargon.
Join the artist’s Courtyard founder, Kiffanie Stahle, for a course designed to help you cross 5 critical must-do legal tasks off your to-do list.
Do you dread legal red-tape?
You started your creative business to be your own boss, create what you wanted, and set your own schedule.
And over time, you’ve learned that building a thriving creative business also involves admin headaches and legal red-tape. And these are the tasks that keep getting pushed down your to-do list day after day, and week after week.
Know that the most important legal tasks are done.
This course is all about how you can eliminate the most critical legal tasks, without learning or knowing any legal jargon.
Join Kiffanie and discover:
- How to one simple (and free) number can change other’s impressions of your business + protect your privacy
- Why your renter’s insurance is great, but might not help out if your laptop is stolen
- How Mama bears are the secret to knowing if it’s time to become an LLC
- Why calling City Hall often is the simplest way to learn if your business needs a license
- How one sheet of paper can make you the kindest business owner around
Hi! I’m Kiff! I’m the founder of the artist’s J.D. and your friendly legal eagle.
I’m also a photographer, fellow creative business owner, and lawyer living in beautiful Northern California. The law fascinates me. That’s the reason I went to law school, started my own law practice, and love practicing law.
I’m a firm believer that ignoring the law can make it harder to build a successful, thriving, creative business.
But, I also believe that the law shouldn’t have gate-keepers. That you can understand the law. And that tackling a few simple items can make a huge impact.
Set your creative business up to achieve its big goals by eliminating 5 legal to-dos!
Join me and cross off 5 must-do legal tasks. Without swimming through red-tape or learning any legal jargon. Pick the option below that’s the current best fit for your creative business
5 MUST-DO TASKS COURSE ONLY
What you get:
- Access to the course over 14-days right in your inbox so you can cross each of these critical tasks off your to-do list
Get access to live workshops, Q&A sessions, mastermind calls, and more so you can get on-going guidance from your friendly legal eagle Get access to the legal library, legalese translator, and course archives so you can confidently tackle your legal to-do list Jump right to the perfect resource via our Legal Roadmap so you can pinpoint which legal project will make the biggest impact based on where you are today 24/7 access to your own brain trust so you can get your questions answered without falling down the Facebook rabbit hole
5 MUST-DO TASKS COURSE +
THE ARTIST’S COURTYARD MEMBERSHIP
What you get:
- Access to the course via our private online community so you can cross each of these critical tasks off your to-do list at your own pace and get support from your friendly legal eagle (and fellow creative business owners) as you go through the process
- Get access to live workshops, Q&A sessions, mastermind calls, and more so you can get on-going guidance from your friendly legal eagle
- Get access to the legal library, legalese translator, and course archives so you can confidently tackle your legal to-do list
- Jump right to the perfect resource via our Legal Roadmap so you can pinpoint which legal project will make the biggest impact based on where you are today
- 24/7 access to your own brain trust so you can get your questions answered without falling down the Facebook rabbit hole
…Who is this email course for?
This email course is designed for any U.S.-based creative business owner who wants to start securing your creative business’ legal foundation. But doesn’t want to have to learn any legal jargon.
…Who isn’t this email course for?
This email course isn’t the best fit for you if you aren’t based in the United States or if you’ve already done the basics to securing your creative business’ legal foundation. It’s also best to pass on this course if you want someone to do all the work for you. You’ll be given tools and resources, but to cross them off the list, you’ll have to roll up your sleeves and do the work.
…How long will I have access to the content?
- If you purchase the email course only the course will be delivered via email, so you’ll have access as long as you keep the emails!
- If you purchase a membership to the artist’s Courtyard you’ll have access to the course content for as long as you are a member of the artist’s Courtyard.
…What is your refund policy?
Hype and promises abound on the Internet. There’s a Facebook Ad out there right now about how to be seen as an expert when you don’t have any clients. And if I were in your shoes, I’d be wary too.
Which is why I’m going to put a little skin in the game.
- If you purchase the email course only and you decide within 14 days of purchase, that the email course isn’t the right place to start securing your creative business legal foundation, I’ll refund your purchase.
- If you purchase a membership to the artist’s Courtyard and within your first 30 days you decide that the artist’s Courtyard isn’t the right place to help you build a strong foundation, I’ll refund your payment.
No hoops to jump through, no worksheets to submit, no screenshots of how you participated. You just need to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
…What’s included in the artist’s Courtyard?
You’ll have access to:
- Monthly Q&A session with your friendly legal eagle—that’s me, Kiffanie Stahle.
- Other creative business owners, just like yourself. With a private online community to ask your questions and get answers from other members and me. (Without getting on Facebook!)
- Master workshops held about 4 times a year
- Weekly videos answering your legal questions, sharing legal items in the news, or other trends
- Our legal library, legalese translator, and course archive (currently getting a facelift to make it even easier to pinpoint the exact resource you need!)
…What kind of businesses should join the artist’s Courtyard?
We are looking for creative business owners who are ready to take action. You should have a DIY-mentality, be a self-starter, and be willing to raise your hand and help out your fellow members. And it might be right for you if you want to work with Kiffanie on a regular basis on a small budget.
…What kind of businesses shouldn’t join the artist’s Courtyard?
If you are looking for an attorney, this isn’t the right place. Kiffanie can’t provide legal advice about how to handle your specific problem and joining the artist’s Courtyard doesn’t make her your attorney.
She’ll only be able to provide information about the law and give you options. You’ll have to decide what’s right for your business. And if you don’t have the time, energy, or desire to do the work and support the community, this isn’t the right place for you.
And if you aren’t based in the United States, the legal resources won’t all apply to you because the resources only cover U.S. law.
…Can I cancel my membership to the artist’s Courtyard at any time?
Yep! No contracts or commitments here. You can cancel at any time with just a single click from your member profile page. If you email Kiffanie to cancel within the first 30 days, you’ll get a full refund. However, if you cancel after 30 days, you won’t receive a pro-rated refund. (You can read our full refund policy and when refunds are issued here.)